2009/04/11: on the Finnish municipal election in which 2% of the votes were lost by a defective e-voting system, and which the Helsinki Administrative Court had found acceptable. Now the Supreme Administrative Court of Finland has rejected the election results and ordered the election to be re-run. Apparently 98% of the votes isn't enough to determine how the remaining 2% voted, after all.
Europe's first national experiment in giving citizens free cash has attracted huge media attention. But one year in, what does this project really hope to prove?
It was one year ago that Finland began giving money to 2,000 unemployed people -- roughly $652 a month (€560 or £475). But have we learned anything about universal basic incomes? An anonymous reader quotes the Guardian: Amid this unprecedented media attention, the experts who devised the...
It's the biggest test of basic income to date.
The continent's glaring tech gap is growing.
When Michael Booth wrote about the Nordic nations last week, he did not expect the furore that followed. Here, he defends his stance, and writers from the five countries have their say
Television in Denmark is rubbish, Finnish men like a drink - and Sweden is not exactly a model of democracy. Why, asks one expert, does everybody think the Nordic region is a utopia?
As Russia's ongoing aggression against Ukraine and renewed bellicosity at many points elsewhere draw growing comparisons to the Cold War, an old Cold War term